Responsibilities It is the duty of the board to assist the chief building official in the administration of the various codes adopted by the City and to hear appeals taken by persons or firms aggrieved by a decision of the chief building official or his inspectors in the administration of this chapter, when such appeal is provided pursuant to the expressed or implied language of the Code of Ordinances.
Building Appeals Board is created by ordinance and is the body that assists the Chief Building Official in his capacity of interpreting and enforcing the provisions of the various codes adopted by the City relating to the construction of structures and the installation of facilities and equipment. The Board is appointed by the City Council, consists of 7 members and has the following representative members:
(1) A licensed Realtor in the city;
(2) A licensed, master electrical contractor in the city;
(3) A general contractor in the city;
(4) A business/professional resident in the city;
(5) A licensed, master mechanical contractor in the city;
(6) A licensed, master plumbing contractor in the city; and
(7) A member at-large.
Current Board members: