Girls Softball & Lil Rookies T-Ball
Due to the condition of the fields all games are cancelled at THF Park tonight. Thank you for helping us take care of our park!
Stay up-to-date on the games by calling (903) 465-GAME
GIRLS SOFTBALL AND T-BALL
- 8U Division--March 25th at THF Park @ 6pm
- 10U Division--March 26th at THF Park @ 6pm
- 12U Division--March 29th at THF Park @ 6pm
- 15U Division--March 28th at THF Park @ 6pm
- Lil' Rookies/T-Ball--Blind Draft (Parents do not need to attend the blind drafts)
- 6U Division--Blind Draft
**Coaches will call around the first week of April with Team Name and Practice/Game times after all drafts and tryouts are completed.**
-Lil Rookies/T-Ball: $60
-Girls 6U Division: $75
-Girls 8U/10U Division: $85
-Girls 12U/15U Division: $95
*No fundraisers to sell
*Discounts available to multiple siblings living in same household (Please call for discount)
*Registrations online beginning 2/16/2019
- Good Sportsmanship
- Team Cooperation
- Fair Play
- Competition on an Equal Basis
- What are the age divisions offered?
- Lil Rookies T-ball is for boys and girls ages 3 and 4. Must be at least 3 years of age on January 1, 2019 and can be no older than 5 years old prior to January 1, 2019. (all t-ball)
- 6U division is for girls ages 5 & 6 (combination of t-ball and coach pitch)
- 8U division is for girls ages 7 & 8 (all coach pitch)
- 10U division is for girls ages 9 & 10 (player pitch with modified pitching rules)
- 12U division is for girls ages 11 &12 (player pitch)
- 15U division is for girls ages 13, 14 & 15. (player pitch)
- ** Age is based on their age as of January 1, 2019. Any parent requesting to play their child up in a division must first get approval from staff.
- How do I register?
- Do you offer a discount for multiple siblings?
- Yes we do. If you have 2 siblings you will receive $20 off, 3 siblings will receive $30 off, and 4 siblings will receive $40 off the total registration cost. This discount excludes the Lil Rookie division.
- What equipment do I need?
- Each participant must provide their own softball glove. Cleats are optional but not required. Team equipment will be provided which will include: helmets, catchers gear, balls and a bat. Participants may provide their own helmet if they wish, however it must have a facemask and a chinstrap.
- What type of uniform is provided?
- Parks and Recreation will provide a shirt and socks for each participant. It is the responsibility of the parent to provide the shorts/pants. The head coach will select either shorts or pants, depending on which age group, and the color. Lil Rookie and 6U shirts will be a cotton blend and 8U-15U shirts will be a dry fit material.
- How often and when are games played?
- Lil Rookie and 6U games most often are played on Saturday mornings at Culpepper fields. 8U-15U games are most often played twice a week with the evening hours of 6pm and 7:45pm at THF fields. Games may very from week to week on what night they are played. For example week one might be Monday and Thursday, week two might be Tuesday and Friday.
- How can I become a coach?
- We are always looking for parents who are willing to volunteer their time to teach the game. Each person that is interested in coaching will need to fill out an application and go through a background check. The applications are available on www.cityofdenison.com website under Denison Girls Softball. Anyone who will be on the field or helping with practices must go through a background check.
- Do I need to provide a copy of my child’s birth certificate?
- Yes. You may attach a copy when registering online or scan a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Must be a copy of an actual birth certificate and not a hospital record.
- If is sign up my child will they get to play?
- Yes. Everyone is drafted to a team and everyone will get to play. Each division will bat the entire roster and there is a minimum amount of defensive innings that each player must play each game.
- Do you offer baseball for boys 5 years of age or older?
- We do not, however Denison Little League Baseball does offer a league for this age. To get more information for Denison Little League you may visit www.denisonll.net.