Code of Ordinances
Rules & RegulationsCitizens can now browse and search the Denison Code of Ordinances online through Municipal Code Corporation. This online version of the City of Denison's Code of Ordinances is not the official version. The only official version is available through the City Secretary's Office.
Ordinances to be included in the next update of the Code of Ordinances:
- Ordinance No. 4887 - Amending Chapter 18 "Public Property", Article II, "Cemeteries", Division 3, "Operation and Regulations", Section 18-56, "Monument, Tombstone and Concrete Foundation Work" and Section 18-57, "Placement of Objects, Landscaping and Maintenance", to add additional regulations related to the Garden of Tranquility within Fairview Cemetery
- Ordinance No. 4890 - Amending Chapter 28, Article III, Section 28.48A (RI-Residential Infill Development - Single Family Homes)
- Ordinance No. 4891 - Amending Article IV, Section 28.49C (Use Regulations) and Article VI, Section, Section 28.63 (Definitions) to establish regulations to define and regulate sales and display of antique and performance vehicles
- Ordinance No. 4892 - Amending Chapter 28, Article IV, Section 28.49.C. (Use Regulations), Article V, Section 28.50.6 (Parking Requirements Based on Use), and Article VI, Section 28.63 (Definitions) to establish regulations for Food Truck Parks
- Ordinance No. 4893 - Amending Chapter 28, Article IV, Section 28.49.C (Use Regulations), Article V, Section 28.50.6 (Parking Requirements based on use) and Article VI, Section 28.63 (Definitions) to establish regulations to define and regulate household care facilities, rehabilitation care facilities , independent living, assisted living and related types of housing and care for persons with disabilities, persons on conditional release or parole and seniors
- Ordinance No. 4894 - Amending Chapter 10 "Housing" by adding Article III entitled "Reasonable Accommodation Process" to provide regulations related to reasonable accommodation for housing for persons with disabilities
- Ordinance No. 4895 - Amending Chapter 21 "Streets, Sidewalks and Right-of-Way Management by amending Article VII, "Right-of-Way Management" to add new "Division 2", "Use of Public Rights-of-Way by Network Providers (Right-of-Way Management)
- Ordinance No. 4896 - Amending Chapter 21, "Streets, Sidewalks and Right-of-Way Management" to add new "Division 3", entitled "Design Manual" to adopt the City of Denison, Texas Design Manual for the installation of network nodes and node support poles
- Ordinance No. 4897 - Amending Article III "Building Construction Standards" of Chapter 5 "Buildings and Building Regulations" of the City of Denison Code of Ordinances in order to Repeal Section 5-315 Metal Roofs
- Ordinance No. 4899 - Repealing Chapter 27, "Vehicles for Hire", Article III, "Transportation Network Companies"
- Ordinance No. 4901 - Amending Chapter 28, Article IV, Section 28.49, Article V, Section 28.50 and Article VI, Section 28.63 to establish regulations to define and regulate event venues/meeting halls
- Ordinance No. 4902 - Amending Chapter 26 "Utilities", Article III "Water Service", Section 26-142 "Tampering with or Injuring Property of Water System" and Article V "Water and Sewer Use Fees and Charges", Section 26-243 "Monthly Billing; Payment; Delinquent Charge; Disconnection for Nonpayment"
- Ordinance No. 4911 - Amending chapter 28, Article IV, Section 28.49.C (Use Regulations) to add allowed uses to the Light Industrial (LI) Zoning District
- Ordinance No. 4921 - Amending Chapter 5, Buildings and Building Regulations, Article III Building Construction Standards, Sections 5-303 International Energy Conservation Code and 5-304 National Electrical Code to provide for the adoption of the 2015 edition of the International Energy Conservation Code and 2017 Edition of the National Electrical Code
- Ordinance No. 4924 - Amending Chapter 28, Article II, Section 28.13 Site Plan Requirements, Article III, Section 28.27 LD - Lakeside Development District and Article III, Section 28.43 PD - Planned Development Overlay District
- Ordinance No. 4926 - Amending Chapter 22, specifically repealing and replacing Article IV Requirements for Public Improvements and Design, Division 9 Sidewalks and Bikeways, Section 22-111 Sidewalks